2016年7月4日星期一

After 23 hours' travelling, I finally arrived at Yale and got to my college, Saybrook College, at night. In the dim road lamps' light, Saybrook College showed its building outline, which is roughly like a castle, with a peaceful and beautiful garden. I felt that I was studying in Hogwarts watching these buildings around me.
In the morning of next day, I woke up quite early and walking around the whole college. The first place I visited, which is also an impressive place is the basement. There are so many useful places in it, such as the resting room, the printing room, the computer cluster and the restaurant. The basement is like the mysterial land with lots of treasure.
Furthermore, the whole building feels like full of history. Those nameplates on the walls show that the college has undergone a long time. The wood spiral stair and stones walls are covered by traces of years. The decoration and building structure preserves most of the historical quality while providing modern supports. It’s like living in the nineteenth century of American while living in Saybrook College.
After looking around in the building, I came out of the door and saw a peaceful garden in the sunshine. Birds are singing and squirrels are climbing up and down, while sunshine shining on the meadow. It made me comfortable and pleasant. Walking along the path, I found more interesting places in the college, such like the rocking chair and the small library. The library is filled with old literary and history books with a few sofas. It's not only the history but also the atmosphere of knowledge attracts me.

没有评论:

发表评论